Are you looking for a hearty and flavorful meal that is also vegan? Look no further than this delicious Vegan Mushroom Pot Pie! This dish is loaded with savory mushrooms, vegetables, and a creamy sauce, all wrapped up in a flaky crust. It’s the ultimate comfort food that will satisfy your cravings while also being kind to your body and the planet.
- 1 pie crust (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups mixed vegetables (such as carrots, peas, and corn)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Roll out the pie crust and place it in a 9-inch pie dish. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes, or until softened.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté for another 5-7 minutes, or until they release their moisture and start to brown.
- Add the mixed vegetables and sauté for another 2-3 minutes, or until they are heated through.
- Sprinkle the flour over the vegetables and stir well to combine.
- Gradually pour in the vegetable broth and non-dairy milk, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and comes to a simmer.
- Add the thyme, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Pour the vegetable mixture into the prepared pie crust.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is hot and bubbly.
This Vegan Mushroom Pot Pie is a delicious and satisfying meal that is perfect for any occasion. It’s easy to make, loaded with flavor, and packed with wholesome ingredients. Whether you’re vegan or not, this dish is sure to become a new favorite!
Can I use other vegetables in this recipe?
Yes! You can mix and match vegetables based on your preferences and what’s in season. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time as needed.
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes! You can prepare the filling and pie crust separately and then assemble and bake the pie when you’re ready to serve. You can also store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
What can I serve with this pot pie?
This pot pie is a complete meal on its own, but you can also pair it with a side salad or some crusty bread for a more filling meal.