Mac and cheese is a classic dish that millions of people enjoy every day. But what if you’re vegan? Is it possible to make a delicious mac and cheese without any animal products? The answer is a resounding yes! In this article, we’ll show you how to make a mouth-watering vegan mac and cheese recipe that’s sure to satisfy your cravings.
- 1 pound of elbow macaroni
- 1 cup of raw cashews
- 1/2 cup of nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 3 cups of water
To prepare for this vegan mac and cheese recipe, you’ll need to soak the cashews overnight. This will help them become soft and blend more easily. After soaking, rinse the cashews and drain them.
- Fill a large pot with water and bring it to a boil. Add the elbow macaroni and cook for about 8-10 minutes or until it is al dente. Drain the pasta and set it aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, add the soaked cashews, nutritional yeast, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, salt, and water to a blender. Blend until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Pour the cashew mixture into a large saucepan and heat it over medium heat. Stir continuously and cook for about 5-6 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Add the cooked pasta to the saucepan and stir until the macaroni is coated in the sauce. Serve hot and enjoy your delicious vegan mac and cheese!
This vegan mac and cheese recipe is a tasty and healthy alternative to the classic dish. It’s easy to make, and you don’t need any fancy ingredients. Whether you’re vegan or not, this recipe is sure to become a favorite in your household.
Q: Can I use a different type of pasta for this recipe?
A: Yes! You can use any type of pasta you like. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.Q: Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
A: Yes! You can make the sauce ahead of time and store it in the fridge for up to 3 days. When you’re ready to eat, just cook the pasta and add it to the sauce.Q: Can I freeze this recipe?
A: Yes! You can freeze the sauce for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to eat, just thaw the sauce and cook some pasta to go with it.