Looking for a vegan dish that’s packed with protein and flavor? Look no further than this delicious vegan chili with beans. Not only is it easy to make, but it’s also incredibly satisfying and perfect for a cozy night in.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the bell peppers and sauté for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add the kidney beans, crushed tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, salt, and black pepper to the pot. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until the chili has thickened.
- Stir in the chopped cilantro and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Serve hot with your favorite toppings, such as avocado, vegan sour cream, or shredded vegan cheese.
This vegan chili with beans is the perfect dish for anyone looking for a hearty, protein-packed meal that’s easy to make and full of flavor. It’s perfect for a cozy night in or for feeding a crowd, and it’s sure to become a staple in your recipe collection.
Can I use different types of beans?
Absolutely! This recipe works well with a variety of beans, such as black beans, pinto beans, or navy beans.
How long does this chili last in the fridge?
This chili will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Can I freeze this chili?
Yes! This chili freezes well and can be stored in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months.