Are you looking for a hearty and filling meal that is both delicious and healthy? Look no further than Vegan Biscuit Pot Pie! This dish is perfect for anyone who wants to enjoy a comforting meal without compromising on their dietary preferences. Made with fresh vegetables, a creamy sauce, and delicious biscuits on top, this vegan pot pie is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can of biscuits (8 biscuits)
Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots and celery and sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Add the frozen peas and corn and continue to sauté for another 3-4 minutes.
- Sprinkle the flour over the vegetables and stir until everything is coated.
- Add the vegetable broth and almond milk and stir until everything is combined.
- Add the thyme, salt, and pepper and stir to combine.
- Simmer the mixture for a few minutes until it thickens slightly, then remove from heat.
- Pour the mixture into a 9-inch pie dish.
- Place the biscuits on top of the mixture, spacing them out evenly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the biscuits are golden brown and the filling is bubbly.
Vegan Biscuit Pot Pie is a delicious and healthy meal that is perfect for any occasion. Whether you are looking for a comforting meal on a cold evening or you want to impress your friends and family with your cooking skills, this dish is sure to please. With fresh vegetables, a creamy sauce, and delicious biscuits on top, this vegan pot pie is a crowd-pleaser that everyone will love.
1. Can I use different vegetables in this recipe?
Yes, you can use any vegetables that you like in this recipe. Just make sure to chop them into small pieces so that they cook evenly.
2. Can I use a different type of milk in this recipe?
Yes, you can use any type of non-dairy milk that you like in this recipe. Just make sure that it is unsweetened.
3. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this recipe ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until you are ready to bake it. Just make sure to add the biscuits right before baking.