Are you looking for a delicious and hearty meal that’s easy to make and vegan? Look no further than this easy vegan pot pie recipe! This classic comfort food dish is made with a savory filling of vegetables and plant-based protein, all wrapped up in a flaky crust. It’s perfect for a cozy night in or a family dinner.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups mixed vegetables (such as carrots, peas, corn, and green beans)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 vegan pie crust (store-bought or homemade)
Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
In a large skillet or pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the diced onion and minced garlic to the skillet and cook until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
Add the mixed vegetables to the skillet and stir to combine. Cook the vegetables until they are tender, about 5-7 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, whisk together the vegetable broth, non-dairy milk, all-purpose flour, thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper until smooth.
Pour the broth mixture over the vegetables in the skillet and stir to combine. Cook the mixture until it thickens and comes to a boil, about 5-7 minutes.
- Roll out the vegan pie crust on a floured surface until it is large enough to cover the skillet or pot you used to cook the filling.
- Carefully transfer the pie crust to cover the filling in the skillet or pot.
- Trim the edges of the pie crust and cut a few slits in the top to allow steam to escape.
- Bake the pot pie in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is hot and bubbly.
This easy vegan pot pie is a great meal for anyone looking for a comforting and filling dinner that’s also plant-based. The combination of savory vegetables and a flaky crust is sure to satisfy your taste buds. Plus, it’s easy to customize with your favorite veggies and herbs.
Can I use frozen vegetables in this recipe?
Yes! Frozen vegetables work just as well as fresh in this recipe. Just make sure to thaw them before adding them to the skillet.
Can I make this recipe gluten-free?
Yes! Simply use a gluten-free pie crust and substitute the all-purpose flour with a gluten-free flour blend.
How long will leftovers last?
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.