Are you looking for a delicious and healthy alternative to the classic mac and cheese dish? Look no further than this easy vegan mac and cheese recipe! Not only is it a delicious and satisfying meal, but it’s also vegan-friendly and perfect for those who are lactose intolerant or simply looking to eat a more plant-based diet.
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked in water overnight
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups water
Before you begin, soak the cashews in water overnight. Drain the cashews and set them aside. Cook the elbow macaroni according to the package instructions and set it aside.
- In a blender, combine the soaked cashews, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, salt, and water. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the cashew cheese sauce into a large saucepan and heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens and becomes bubbly.
- Add the cooked elbow macaroni to the saucepan and stir until the pasta is evenly coated with the cheese sauce.
- Serve hot and enjoy your delicious and easy vegan mac and cheese!
This easy vegan mac and cheese recipe is a delicious and healthy alternative to the classic dish. It’s perfect for those who are lactose intolerant or looking to eat a more plant-based diet. With its creamy and cheesy texture, you won’t even miss the dairy!
1. Can I use a different type of pasta?
Yes, you can use any type of pasta you like. However, elbow macaroni is the traditional pasta used in mac and cheese and works well with this recipe.
2. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can make the cheese sauce ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. When you’re ready to serve, simply heat up the sauce and mix it with the cooked pasta.
3. Can I freeze this recipe?
Yes, you can freeze this recipe. Simply store the cooked mac and cheese in an airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to eat, thaw the mac and cheese in the refrigerator overnight and reheat in the oven or microwave.