If you’re looking for a hearty, delicious, and easy-to-make meal, then you’ve come to the right place. These easy vegan casserole recipes are perfect for busy weeknights, lazy weekends, or any time you want a healthy and filling meal that’s packed with flavor. Whether you’re a seasoned vegan or just looking to eat more plant-based meals, these recipes are sure to satisfy your taste buds and leave you feeling satisfied.
- 1 pound of your favorite pasta
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: vegan cheese for topping
Preheat your oven to 375°F. Cook the pasta according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the diced onion and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the diced bell pepper and minced garlic and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
Add the drained chickpeas and canned tomatoes to the skillet, along with the dried oregano and basil. Stir to combine and let simmer for 5-10 minutes, until the sauce has thickened slightly. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread a thin layer of the chickpea and tomato sauce on the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Add a layer of cooked pasta on top of the sauce.
- Add another layer of sauce on top of the pasta.
- Repeat with another layer of pasta and sauce until all of the ingredients are used up.
- Optional: top the casserole with vegan cheese.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly (if using) and the casserole is heated through.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving.
These easy vegan casserole recipes are perfect for busy weeknights or lazy weekends. They’re packed with flavor, nutrients, and plant-based protein, and they’re easy to customize with your favorite ingredients. Whether you’re a seasoned vegan or just looking to eat more plant-based meals, these recipes are sure to satisfy your taste buds and leave you feeling satisfied and nourished.
1. Can I make these recipes ahead of time?
Yes, both of these recipes can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
2. Can I freeze these recipes?
Yes, both of these recipes can be frozen for up to 3 months. To reheat, simply thaw in the refrigerator overnight and reheat in the oven or microwave until heated through.
3. Can I use different vegetables in these recipes?
Yes, both of these recipes are very versatile and can be customized with your favorite vegetables. Try adding mushrooms, zucchini, or spinach for extra flavor and nutrition.