Are you looking for a tasty and healthy way to enjoy your pasta dishes? Look no further than this creamy vegan pasta sauce! Made with plant-based ingredients, this sauce is both flavorful and nutritious, perfect for vegans and non-vegans alike. In this article, we’ll show you how to make this delicious pasta sauce from scratch, so you can enjoy a healthier version of your favorite pasta dishes.
- 1 cup of cashews, soaked overnight
- 1/4 cup of nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk
Before you start making the sauce, make sure to soak the cashews overnight to soften them. Drain and rinse the cashews before using them in the recipe.
- In a blender, combine the soaked cashews, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and black pepper. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- While the blender is still running, slowly pour in the olive oil and almond milk. Continue blending until the sauce is smooth and creamy.
- Pour the sauce into a saucepan and heat it on low heat, stirring constantly, until it is warm and creamy.
- Serve the sauce over your favorite pasta dish, and enjoy!
Creamy vegan pasta sauce is a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional pasta sauces. Made with cashews, nutritional yeast, and almond milk, this sauce is rich in protein and nutrients, while still being low in fat and calories. With these simple instructions, you can make this sauce from scratch and enjoy a healthier version of your favorite pasta dishes.
Q: Can I use other nuts instead of cashews?
A: Yes, you can use other nuts like almonds or macadamia nuts, but cashews are the best option for a creamy texture.
Q: Is this sauce gluten-free?
A: Yes, this sauce is gluten-free, as long as you use gluten-free pasta.
Q: Can I freeze this sauce?
A: Yes, you can freeze this sauce for up to 3 months. Just make sure to store it in an airtight container and thaw it in the fridge before reheating.