If you’re looking for a healthy and delicious alternative to traditional mac and cheese, then look no further than creamy vegan mac and cheese. This dish is perfect for those who are looking for a guilt-free, plant-based meal that is packed with flavor and nutrition.
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
1. Soak the cashews in water overnight or for at least 4 hours to soften them.
2. Cook the macaroni according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
3. Drain the cashews and place them in a blender along with the almond milk, garlic, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and paprika. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- In a large pot, combine the cooked macaroni and the cashew cream sauce. Stir well to combine.
- Cook the mac and cheese over medium heat for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently, until the sauce has thickened and the macaroni is heated through.
- Serve immediately, garnished with chopped parsley or additional nutritional yeast, if desired.
Creamy vegan mac and cheese is a delicious and nutritious dish that is perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re looking for a quick and easy dinner or a healthy snack, this recipe is sure to satisfy your cravings. So why not give it a try today?
Q: Can I use a different type of pasta?
A: Yes! Feel free to use any type of pasta you like, but keep in mind that the cooking time may vary depending on the type of pasta you use.Q: Can I make this dish ahead of time?
A: Yes! You can make the cashew cream sauce ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. When you’re ready to make the mac and cheese, simply cook the pasta and combine it with the sauce.Q: Can I freeze this dish?
A: Yes! You can freeze the mac and cheese in an airtight container for up to 2 months. To reheat, simply thaw in the refrigerator overnight and then heat in the oven or on the stovetop until heated through.